How to Successfully Manage Your Website Project
Every website needs updating and a facelift from time to time. Technology changes weekly - daily even. What was acceptable in 2010 is considered virtually useless on the web today. If you're not well-versed in web design or development, it is advisable to outsource your web project. There are simply too many components to building an effective website that will do what you need it to and look great as well. First things first - you're going to want to find a reputable web design company that dots all of their "I"s and crosses all of their "T"s so to speak. You need a company that builds websites based on best practices and doesn't skip out on highly important steps. How do you find the right company and how can you be sure they are taking all of the necessary steps to deliver on what you're paying for? Great question.
We suggest paying attention to a few key areas when interviewing web design companies. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are they listening to you – your needs, your wants and your goals - in a free consultation - or are they trying to get you to understand their ideas?
- Will they issue a proposal based on your needs and only the services you need for your web design - or are they trying to upsell you on things you're pretty sure you don't need?
- How much research are they willing to do in your industry to understand how your clients interact with your company - and therefor your website?
- Will they research your competitors' websites' functionality and website design?
- Will they provide you with the essential steps in developing an effective website that meets your needs, establishing: content, mood boards, functionality and interactive wireframes?
- Do they offer services on how to use and/or update your website?
- Do they discuss and offer services for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to get you ranking above your competitor's websites - or at the very least competing with them?
Review their work
Beyond paying attention to the previous questions, you're going to want to check out the work the companies you interview have completed for their other clients. When tasked with the creation of website design for your company, whether it's for your own company or for the company you're employed with, doing your due diligence and research up front will save you a ton of headaches, time and money. Your website should be a clear representation of your company that delivers a useful and enjoyable online experience for visitors and employees alike, because a website is exactly that – a representative of your company on the world wide web. Effective web design services will encompass the following: garnering a thorough understanding of your company's values, culture and goals, due diligence on your competitor landscape, information architecture, user interface, user experience, functionality, security and an estimated timetable for milestones and deployment.
We've created a guide just for you
Following is an overview to help you understand what your website project should look like, what the proper steps are in developing the results you are looking for.
Jungbauer Design Studio offers high-quality web design and development services that exceed that of our competitors. We have a process-oriented and highly professional workflow that you won’t find anywhere else. Get in touch with us today to get started on your new website, or to start increasing the value of your existing website. Either way, we know you’ll be surprised at the level of professionalism and quality you get from working with us. We look forward to working with you!
Ready to Start a Web Project? Give Us a Call!
Jungbauer Design Studio can help develop a useful and enjoyable interactive online experience for your visitors and employees. We’ve developed a simple, process-oriented workflow to keep your project on track to help you meet your objectives. Call us today at 630-251-1040
# # #
Jungbauer Design Studio is a design, branding and marketing firm passionate about helping companies in the Chicagoland area establish differentiation in their market segments. Our brand process, integrated marketing communications, high-quality design work and outstanding project management skills offer a unique experience to companies looking to establish, or increase the quality of their brand, marketing tools and overall sales. This integrated model offers insight into the benefits of branding and marketing, a better understanding of the design process, a clear roadmap for cost and time expectations and a seamless process from the first consultative conversation to final execution. We aim to raise the bar in everything we do for our employees and for our clients. For more information, visit jungbauerstudio.com.